Thursday, May 20, 2010

And the Winner is...

I will be bringing Regal peaches to the farmer's market this Saturday. TexKing are not quite ready yet - probably one more week. The ripening Regal peaches held on during the 60mph gusts we had earlier this week... we were lucky! A few days later and it might have been a different story.

We have 6 trees of Regal peaches in various stages of ripening, so I won't know how many I will be bringing until I pick them on Friday. Each tree has an abundance of peaches, though. Regal is a semi-freestone variety. They are a nice size peach, and very juicy. They have a good flavor although not as sweet as some we will be bringing later on.

We have one apricot tree that is loaded so there is a chance I might be bringing in apricots, but more likely that they will ripen for next Wed.

See you at the BVFM on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment