Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Bountiful Harvest

The smell coming from the trees of the Harvester variety is intoxicating. I just love the smell of ripe peaches. The Harvester peach is a freestone variety that is big, juicy and tart-sweet. This peach is full of flavor and sweetness... a true summer treat! I will be bringing more Harvesters on Saturday.

Also ripening for Saturday are some of the biggest peaches of the season. The Suwanee variety is beginning to come in and the biggest of these guys are the first to ripen. The biggest one I've picked so far is bigger than a softball. Suwanee is also a freestone peach that has a milder flavor than Harvester, but is just as sweet as can be. I am not sure how many of these I will bring for Saturday until we pick them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment